The following excerpts are from LifeSiteNews.com:
- Not every homosexual activist is willing to stand behind Kate Hunt, the 18-year-old Florida woman accused of statutory rape for engaging in oral sex and mutual masturbation with a 14-year-old girl.
- Hunt was arrested in February and charged with two felony counts of lewd and lascivious battery against a child between the ages of 12 and 16 for having sex with her then-14-year-old girlfriend (whose name is being withheld because of victim protection laws). Florida’s age of consent is 18, or 15 as long as both partners are 18 and under. If convicted, Hunt faces up to fifteen years in prison and will have to register as a sex offender.
- Hunt has become a martyr of sorts for homosexual activists nationwide, who have plastered social media with personal pleas and links to a “Free Kate” website and Facebook group started by Hunt’s parents, who claim their daughter’s arrest was motivated by ‘homophobia’ on the part of the victim’s parents.
- So far over 300,000 people have signed a petition in favor of Kate on Change.org.
- But a local chapter of Parents and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG) has released a statement denouncing the Free Kate movement.
Read more by clicking below: