- Today, 27 people — including 18 children — were killed in a shooting at a Connecticut elementary school. The killings at the school in Newtown, Connecticut make the terrible tragedy one of the worst massacres in the nation’s history.
- But this isn’t the first time a gunman has opened fire and taken multiple lives with his actions.
- In July, a gunman killed 12 people and wounded 58 others at “The Dark Knight Rises” movie premier at an Aurora, Colorado movie theater. A few weeks later, another gunman killed six people and himself at a Sikh temple in Milwaukee.
- The senseless acts of violence have many recalling the Columbine High School shootings as well, that took place in a Denver suburb.
- Such violence is not limited to the United States. Also today, a knife-wielding man injured 22 children and one adult outside a primary school in central China as students were arriving for morning classes. The man first attacked an elderly woman, then students, before being subdued by security guards.
- The shootings have already sparked fierce and intense political debates. But out nation ought to take time to pause, and pray.
Time to Pray for Our Nation and a Respect for Human Life | LifeNews.com