The following excerpts are from LifeSiteNews.com:
- If the Republican Party closes itself to passing pro-life legislation, it will signal the end of the GOP and the formation of a new, pro-life third party, a leader in one of the fastest growing pro-life ministries has warned.
- “There is a Civil War brewing in the GOP, and it’s not pretty,” said Jennifer Mason, communications director of Personhood USA.
- Over the weekend, 2008 Republican presidential candidate John McCain said pro-life conservatives should state their position on abortion, then “leave the issue alone.” Elected officials, he indicated, should enact no new legislation to protect the unborn.
- He and a host of GOP consultants have suggested the party downplay or abandon social issues in light of the 2012 electoral loss.
- Mason said his comments “made me wonder: instead of dropping the abortion issue, why not drop John McCain?”
- “If McCain and his ilk are successful, we are looking at a major defection to a third party, and the ultimate death of the Republican Party,” she added.
Read more by clicking below:‘There is a Civil War brewing in the GOP’ over abortion: Pro-life leader | LifeSiteNews.com