The following excerpts are from LifeSiteNews.com:
- DULUTH, Minnesota, September 4, 2012 (LifeSiteNews.com) - A Catholic priest’s donation to support redefining marriage in Minnesota has been revealed, deepening a rift between a conservative Catholic hierarchy and more liberal subordinates in the blue state over gay ‘marriage.’
- The Duluth News Tribune reported Sunday that Rev. Peter Lambert of St. Louis Catholic Church in Floodwood had donated $1,000 to Minnesotans United for Families, the group fighting a constitutional marriage amendment, in March.
- The Diocese of Duluth, where Lambert is stationed, has donated $50,000 to support the traditional marriage amendment. Duluth Diocese spokesman Kyle Eller told the Tribune that Lambert didn’t intend the donation to be a public statement.
- “It was my understanding that Father Lambert wasn’t aware that the contribution would be made public, and it wasn’t intended to be a public statement,” said Eller, who declined further comment.
- The diocese didn’t immediately respond to an email from LifeSiteNews.com requesting comment Tuesday.
Read more by clicking the link below:Catholic priest donated $1000 to gay ‘marriage,’ diocese mum | LifeSiteNews.com