The following excerpts are FoxNews.com:
CANBERRA, Australia – Two Australian brothers aged 16 and 17 were stopped at Sydney Airport on suspicion that they were young jihadis headed to join the Islamic State group, officials said Sunday.
The young brothers from Sydney raised the suspicions of customs officials as they attempted to depart on Friday afternoon, Border Protection Minister Peter Dutton said.
He did not say where the pair were headed apart from a Middle Eastern "conflict zone." He also refused to say what was found in the boys' luggage that raised suspicion and led to the brothers beings reported to the airport's new counterterrorism unit.
"These two young men aged 16 and 17 are kids, not killers, and they shouldn't be allowed to go to a foreign land to fight then come back to our land eventually more radicalized," Dutton told reporters.
The boys' parents were "as shocked as any of us would be" to discover their sons had attempted to leave the country, Dutton said.
The boys had been radicalized over the Internet, he said. Dutton did not say who had paid the boys' air fares.
Read more by clicking below:2 Australian teens stopped from joining ISIS at airport | Fox News