(It should be noted that catholics united is a CINO orgnaization. That is, Catholic In Name Only.)
- When the Catholic Bishops called for a nationwide protest against the HHS mandate they fundamentally changed the topography of Catholic outreach in 2012. The battle over the Catholic vote was moved closer to the parish, not just its parking lots, but the pulpit itself.
- In the last three presidential elections, bishops, priests and deacons were accused of partisanship when they spoke on opposition to abortion or the defense of true marriage anmd opposition to the counterfeit notion of “same-sex marriage”. Archbishop Chaput, for example, while in Denver had to pay $45,000 to defend himself against an accusation made to the IRS by a ‘Catholic’ group supporting abortion.
- With their highly visible stand for religious liberty, against the HHS mandate, the US Catholic Bishops made it much easier for clergy and concerned lay Catholics to state their opposition. For the Catholics supporting Obama, such speech is just another example of what they call partisanship. When a Catholic priest or deacon preaches on religious liberty, “it is code for ‘Vote Republican,’” claims Chris Pumpelly, communications director for Catholics United, “Everybody knows what it means.”
- Sadly, the real “code language” comes from those partisans like Catholics United who dance the “two step” of these new censors who actually seek to silence the Church from speaking to the great moral issues of our age. The dance is very deceptive. It begins by equating all moral issues with “political” issues. Then, it promotes a misguided and legally errant view of the separation of church and state which tries to lock us behind closed Church doors.
- Now, they want to censor our clergy? This is nothing less than an attempt to stop the Church from speaking to the great moral issues of our age in the public square. That is because they do not agree with what we have to say. In truth, they now want to censor our clergy even in their our own pulpits. Perhaps the saddest aspect of all of this dance of deception is that some of the very people dancing bear the name “catholic” in their group affiliation.
"Catholics United" Attacks the Church on the HHS Mandate | LifeNews.com