- On August 27, organizations such as Code Pink, Students for a Democratic Society, various labor unions and Occupy movements are converging on Tampa, Florida for what they’re calling the “March on the RNC”.
- This will mark the third convention in a row where protestors have promised to disrupt the GOP.
- Following is part of their press release:
- “In Congress and in states across the country, the Republicans and their Tea Party allies have unleashed a war on the people of this country. While the Republicans bailed out Wall Street, many of us lost our homes. While they push tax cuts for the rich, they are destroying working families and our way of life by cutting programs that serve us. The Republicans are trying to break our unions and take away our right to bargain collectively. They are spearheading attacks on immigrants and promoting an agenda of racism and hatred.”
- Their website says, “Whether you are working to defend reproductive rights, standing up against attacks on immigrants and racist discrimination, resisting attacks on working people, or saying no to government cutbacks, we can come together from across the country to let our voices be heard.”
- Right. It’s not like their voices aren’t heard enough on every network TV program, in every periodical, every sitcom, TV drama and cable news network save one…but I digress…
Read more by clicking below:
Occupy Blood in the Streets, the Town of Tampa - Ann-Marie Murrell - Townhall Finance Conservative Columnists and Financial Commentary - Page 1